Altare di Sant’Antonio

(2° altare di sinistra).

Pala di Pietro Liberi, eseguita nel 1656 per voto del Senato nella guerra di Candia, onde si spiega Venezia in atteggiamento di preghiera e le vele bianche nel mare lontano. E’ da notarsi la scarsa religiosità del dipinto, che s’inserisce nella tipica pittura di palazzo. Da notare che con questo altare la Repubblica coronava il voto fatto e aggiunge solennemente una reliquia del Santo Patavino ancora oggi visibile ogni 13 giugno.

Nei pennacchi dell’altare: due Angeli dello scultore francese Charles Perrault (+1688), firmati, piuttosto freddi.

Sulle basi dei pilastrini: le quattro figure allegoriche Clemenza, Fede nascosta, Pudicizia, Fede evidente.

______________________________________

Altar of Saint Anthony

(2nd altar on the left).

 Altarpiece by Pietro Liberi completed in 1656 fulfilling a vow made by the Council during the war of Candia (Crete), which explains the presence of the praying Venice and the white sails in the distant sea. The minimal religious tone of the painting, which can easily blend with the typical palace paintings, is of note. With this altar, the Republic fulfilled a vow and solemnly added a reliquary of Saint Patavino, which can be seen to this day every 13th of June.

In the pendentives of the altar: two somewhat cold Angels by the French sculptor Charles Perrault (dead in 1688), signed.

On the bases of the small pillars: four allegorical figures of Clemency, hidden Faith, Modesty and evident Faith.

Shopping cart
There are no products in the cart!
Continua a fare acquisti
0